Table of Contents
Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Established: 13th November 2013 (on the occasion of the 96th birth anniversary of former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi)
Headquarter: New Delhi Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Paid-up capital: 1000 cr.
Chairman: Mrs. Usha Ananthasubramanian Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Managing director: S M Swathi
Interest rate on savings account: 4% (Up to 1 lakh), 4.5% (above 1 lakh)
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank was wholly owned by the Government of India
- India is the third country in the world to have a bank especially for women, after Pakistan and Tanzania
- The bank was merged with State Bank of India on 31 March 2017.
An objective of Bharatiya Mahila bank
- To give a slight concession on loan rates to women.
- To promote asset ownership amongst women customers Bharatiya Mahila Bank