Role & Functions of Asian Development Bank (ADB): This article focuses on the History, Role, Objective and Function of Asian Development Bank (ADB). You can also learn here the full form of ADB, History of ADB, and ADB definition. Here, I will also share the information about the role of ADB, objectives of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) functions. If you want to know List of Total banks in India then you can click on given link to know more because I have already written an article on the List of banks in India. Let’s read the full article to get more information about the ADB. I have also written an article about the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
History of Asian Development Bank (ADB)
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered located in Manila, Philippines. The purpose of this regional development bank is Economic development in Asia. There are 68 countries member’s of the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
|5||Total Members (Till 19-04-2019)||68 countries|
|6||Came into force||1st Jan 1967|
Role of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Economic and social development in the Asia and Pacific region.
- Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) objective is to support human development.
- Its purpose is to help member countries to fight poverty. Therefore, it helps them in poverty reduction and development of the country.
- To Support members ask states to raise public resources and management.
Functions of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Promote investment in the public and private sector for development purposes.
- Help member countries to coordinate their development policies and plans.
- To Answer the requests for assistance in coordinating the development policies and schemes of member countries.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) works and want to continue working towards empowering women and improving their position in society.
List of areas of Focus by Asian Development Bank:
Public sector management
Finance sector development
- Agriculture and natural resources
- Regional cooperation and integration
- ADB also operates on a limited scale in other areas, including
- Infrastructure (urban development, information, water, energy, transport, and communications technology)
ADB’s 52 Annual Meeting:
The 2019 Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Asian Development Bank will be held in Fiji from Wednesday, 1 May to Sunday, 5 May 2019.
List of ADB member’s countries (Till April 19, 2019):
|Sr.||Asian Development Bank Members Countries Name||Year|
|21||Micronesia, Federated States of||1990|
|22||China, People’s Republic of||1986|
|33||Papua New Guinea||1971|
|36||Hong Kong, China||1969|
|44||Korea, Republic of||1966|
|45||Lao People’s Democratic Republic||1966|